Sunday, January 24, 2010

WE ARE HOME!!


We arrived Friday night to a great welcome at the airport!! Family and friends greeted us, cheering and clapping as we walked toward the entrance. Several other passengers were asking each other, "who is the celebrity?". I turned around and said, "see these 2 kids, they are the celebrites!". I went on to say we were returning from adopting them and that all these crazy people were our friends!! So sweet!! Signs of welcome, balloons, stuffed animals, flowers - WOW!! But especially faces of love and lots of love!!

We have seen a change in both kids as we are now home. Both are so happy!! Christina was still hesitant even Thursday before we left Kiev on Friday. Mainly the unknown was scarry! But she watched the map on the plane and when the plane had finally passed into America, she was excited. "America now, Mama?!" Both kids were very excited. They are now dual citizens of USA and Ukraine.

Thanks to all who have read this blog and prayed with and for us. I doubt that I will post many more but feel free to contact me at dedwards3420@charter.net if you would like to contact me.

Again we give God all the glory and honor for the adoption of these 2 kids, Christina and Kolya. We continue to ask Him for the next adoption of both Kolya and Christina into His family for eternity.

In Him Alone,

Leslie

1 comment:

  1. God is so good. I hope that I can meet the new Edwards soon.

    ReplyDelete